Why do we even go to the meetings? Here are the particulars on Engalb Vielma.
- He’s a minor league shortstop who had a .233 on base percentage and a .260 slugging percent.
- He was waived by the Phillies and two other teams in the past 3 months.
- GM Huntington says he “likes his defensive abilities.”
- GM Huntington also says, “he has some hitter traits.” (See #1 above????!!!!)
Rather than me sharing what I think, I will share a few comments online regarding this news:
- James says, “hitter traits?…I think that means he knows what a bat looks like he just doesn’t know how to use one.”
- J.E. says, “Given the news, I’m buying my playoff tickets now to avoid the rush.”
- Mark says, “Seriously. They need to petition out of MLB and join the Frontier League. Why continue to make fools of yourselves”
- Mike shares: “The Yankees spend a gazillion dollars and get Giancarlo Stanton. The Bucs dip into the clearance bin at the thrift store to find a kid who batted .206 with zero home runs in the minors.”
- Michael B states: “That GM Huntington is one shrewd GM!”
- Elliot says: “…and so the Bucs bring in that final piece of the puzzle.”
- Rocco may have the comment of the day as he shares: “The Pirates remind me of someone who went to Nordstrom to buy a present for someone and after shopping a while decided to go to Marshall’s.”
- Scott says: “Marshalls? More like Family Dollar!”
- C.A. slams the door on the comments with: “Worse than that, more like St. Vincent de Paul.”
The natives are restless!