THEY SAID IT WOULD NEVER BE DONE!

The Wright Brothers took flight. We put a man on the moon. Sean Rodriguez gets DFA'd.

YIPPEE !! All Three Stooges and Where’s Waldo Rodriguez Played Last Night

We saw all Three Stooges play in the opening game with the Cincinnati Reds last night.

Stewart, Moroff, Jaso ……….Also Where’s Waldo Rodriguez played last night!

And the result????  9-5 CINCINNATI REDS.  No mystery here, the Reds played a FAR superior line up than Stewart (.191), Moroff (.149), Jaso (.216) and Waldo (.197).  Do you know how many players in the Cincinnati line up last night have an average under .237?  NONE.  And, the Reds boast 3 guys in the line up with a batting average ABOVE ANY in the Bucs line up.  Gennet at .286, and over .300 hitters Votto and Cozart.

HELL YES WE LOST!  You know who WAS NOT in the Bucs starting line up?

Andrew McCutchen, who “needed” a day of rest from that grueling 40 minute flight from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati.  How can ownership and management argue that they are definitely “going for it” and trying to compete for the division?  You’d have to be nuts to believe that.  You don’t rest a healthy Cutch if that were true.  I say:  TELL THE TRUTH that you know you are toast and lets play Moroff and guys like Diaz who could be the future of the team.  (Oh that’s right, Diaz was sent back to AAA Indy to make room for Cervelli’s three innings he lasted last night).  And for God’s sake recognize that just like Bell being a part of the future, your highest hitting player on the team is Frazier at .284.  (and he is hitting over .340 since the All-Star break).  PLAY HIM EVERY EVERY EVERY DAY!

As for the other 2 Stooges and Waldo, we know what they bring to the table, and they do not represent the future of the Bucs.  Give them a rest MOST nights (I would NEVER play Jaso or Stewart for the record) and let the new guys show what they can do and gain some experience.

As for Manager Hurdle:  Recognize as Colorado did…that he is not the future either!

29 thoughts on “YIPPEE !! All Three Stooges and Where’s Waldo Rodriguez Played Last Night”

Metal Ivan says:

The limb I went out on broke on me. It is amazing they won the one game against the Dodgers. These lineups are all you need to see to know that this season is already over as far as the team is concerned. I don’t even want to watch anymore. Now they can use attendance being down as an excuse to not spend money next year. PATHETIC!!!!

Velvet Fog says:

Good point Metal Ivan. There’s always an excuse. When attendance was setting records years ago we heard “have to protect the stability of the team’s long term financial needs.” Now we will hear the poor mouth cry of “We’d like to, but the folks just aren’t coming out to justify it.”

Its always something!

Cimmaron says:

Do you have to make a posting so late. The notification on my phone woke me up. Bucs stink because of ownership and management, not because of the players!

Scratch says:

Jim Rooker lost a bet and walked 325 miles and still did a broadcast. McCutchen FLEW 275 miles and needed a breather. Don’t see Reds resting Votto do you? They want to compete every night, and no “everybody gets a participation trophy” mentality.

I don’t blame Cutch, though he is lazy at times. I blame the manager that suggests he take a day off.

You guys are all nuts! Once again the Pirates put the scare of God in the three teams above them and ALL of them LOST!!!! Cubs, Cardinals and Brewers. They cannot and have not gained any ground on the Pirates in 3 days. We are just 8 games out and EIGHT IS GREAT with 33 games left. It won’t be real easy but if we just go 30-3 in the last 33 games and everyone else in the division plays 500 ball, we will coast to the division title.

Even if we only win 25 games, we should still be within a game or so away from 1st place! Keep pushing Bucs! The others are getting nervous.

Youngstown Fab says:

You are ridiculous Ollie. I would hate to see your postings if you lived in Cincinnati, since they are the only ones in the division to win yesterday. I’m sure you would have them going to the World Series.

McGillicuddy says:

Only one of the Three Stooges in the starting lineup today (Stewart catching), and that is unavoidable with Cervelli hurt again and Diaz back in the minors. Let’s see which Cole shows up tonight to pitch: The one who is pretty good, or the one that makes it appear that Benoit has slipped on his uniform..

Stush in Polish Hill says:

Who will the Pirates make look like Cy Young tonight??

The Fan #1 Listener says:

Bucs win and Cubs win. 8 games out. No progress despite what that dope Ollie thinks. And one less game left. Down to 32 now.

Can't I just watch Baseball? says:

When can we stop this nicknames on the back of the jersey stuff?? And when can we get Greg Brown to stop filling inning after inning of thinking of new ones for everyone? Grow up.

With regard to the childish practices of the league and especially the Pirate announcers, my namesake said: “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

You’re Welcome

Pirates play aside, I have not heard tell lately of any grandios gourmet indulgences near Wheeling for our epicurean owner Mr. Bob. Pray tell by all means!

Jen from Benwood says:

I cannot confirm or deny this but a reliable source stated to me that “Nut” less was in the Wheeling Goodwill today, which is only a block from his office, donating Kang, McCutchen and Cole game jerseys.

I was also told that he wanted 3 separate receipts.

Ahhh, I almost got goosebumps tonight watching as it was so reminiscent of 1979 when we beat the Reds in the playoffs to go to the World Series. I can almost hear the Sister Sledge music now of “We are Family” playing in the background. The magic seems to be deja vu of those times with this team. So exciting!

GO BUCS!

Iron Man Cervelli made it all the way through 2 innings. He’s unbelievable.

Thank goodness that we are using good old Diaz as a yo-yo. I’m sure that when it is decision time that he will appreciate all that the Pirates have done for him and happily sign another minimum wage contract.

Another vacation stint on the DL. What a great gig. Sign me up.

Nancy from Butler says:

Gerit, the Punk, Cole should be on the back of his shirt.

Cole Train my a*s. All he’s on is the gravy train.

Youngstown Fab says:

You see the Cubs score. That tells you something about their capabilities. They might be getting hot at the right time to sweep through the National League and defend the World Series

Youngstown Fab says:

Yet another pitcher making his major league debut against the Pirates. Of course this is like him playing against a Triple-A team

Youngstown Fab says:

And I swear to God that I just heard Greg Brown say that Jordy Mercer has the day off for his birthday! Now I have heard everything

Sandy from Canonsburg says:

My husband’s birthday is tomorrow. He works for a school district. I will let him know it is ok to take off tomorrow!

Truth Hurts says:

Another hint that ownership/management has indeed thrown in the towel: Frazier, playing 2nd base today gets hurt and has to come out of the game. We could have brought Mercer in and moved Where’s Waldo Rodriguez to second base, since he plays every position. But no, we stick with Mercer having the day off for his birthday and bring in Max Moroff.

Congratulations and Happy Happy Birthday Jordy! A well deserved day off for all you do for us fans. I hope the team does not need you to pinch hit later and that you just enjoy your time for R & R.

Just three innings into the game and I have heard the Allegheny Health Network commercial four times. You know the one where they help Cervelli back to health and he is SO strong after their treatment. The guy spends more time on the disabled list than Polonco, and that is saying something. You want to know why there is so much waiting time for you when you need care from Allegheny Health Network?? They are treating Cervelli! If I were to have to choose a new health plan, I don’t know if a perpetually hurt guy is a good commercial for Allegheny Health Network.

What a battle there must be for the TV remote at Allegheny Health Network Rehab Center on Monday night when Polonco wants to watch Monday Night Raw and Cervelli insists on Bachelor in Paradise.

McGillicuddy says:

“When my wrist aches like hell from high-fiving Jay Bell,
    Thats Amore.”

“When my hamstring gets hurt when I crouch in the dirt,
    That’s Amore.”

“Bones will cling, ding-a-ling-a-ling……

Cantaloupe says:

Where’s the Gunner, Tebow, and Texas Teke been?

CubsRule says:

You want the Cubs? Now you get them Pittsburgh for the next three days!

Dino from the Rocks says:

Hardly any comments post game today. Apathy?

Narcan Man says:

Jimmy they need those constant tv adds to pay for those old massive contract. Gotta get young!!