Ownership & Management Ineptness/Apathy

Can't we just play our BEST players every day???

Why do we even go to the meetings?  Here are the particulars on Engalb Vielma.

1. He’s a minor league shortstop who had a .233 on base percentage and a .260 slugging percent.
  2. He was waived by the Phillies and two other teams in the past 3 months.
  3. GM Huntington says he “likes his defensive abilities.”
  4. GM Huntington also says, “he has some hitter traits.”   (See #1 above????!!!!)

Rather than me sharing what I think, I will share a few comments online regarding this news:

• James says, “hitter traits?…I think that means he knows what a bat looks like he just doesn’t know how to use one.”
  • J.E. says, “Given the news, I’m buying my playoff tickets now to avoid the rush.”
  • Mark says, “Seriously.  They need to petition out of MLB and join the Frontier League.  Why continue to make fools of yourselves”
  • Mike shares:  “The Yankees spend a gazillion dollars and get Giancarlo Stanton.  The Bucs dip into the clearance bin at the thrift store to find a kid who batted .206 with zero home runs in the minors.”
  • Michael B states:  “That GM Huntington is one shrewd GM!”
  • Elliot says:  “…and so the Bucs bring in that final piece of the puzzle.”
  • Rocco may have the comment of the day as he shares:  “The Pirates remind me of someone who went to Nordstrom to buy a present for someone and after shopping a while decided to go to Marshall’s.”
  • Scott says:  “Marshalls?  More like Family Dollar!”
  • C.A. slams the door on the comments with:  “Worse than that, more like St. Vincent de Paul.”

The natives are restless!

8 thoughts on “Baseball Winter Meetings Update: Pirates Claim infielder Engalb Vielma from Phillies”

Dino from the Rocks says:

That Vielma makes Where’s Waldo Rodriguez look like Babe Ruth!

That’s BULL Dino! I’m sensing a breakout year for Engalb.

Bob Brogley says:

I heard Tommy, Gunner and Slappy are all tired of the site

I just went on Craigslist and applied to be the Pirates GM, the set up man and the third baseman.

I watch baseball and have some baseball cards. That proves that I am totally qualified.

TommyBarnes says:

Glad to hear you are back Slappy! Will give you a call tomorrow cause I’m busy working the Stagg Bowl right now! Go Mary
    Hardin-Baylor! Tired of Mount Union winning over and over!

Well, I just got back from the winter meetings and I left as upset as Pessimistic Ollie. Before I could even look at the free agent sheets, I knew that we were doomed. We really could be a solid minor league AAA team for the Yankees. We’ve got that to look forward to in the future.

Some dude on E-bay is selling a Jaso bobblehead for $95.00. WTF?

A deal for some of you common folk…

You’re Welcome.

Buccos UNDEFEATED IN November and December! They are on a ROLL!!!!!!

In an already crowded 4-man outfield, Jordan Luplow gets playing time!??

This news will likely be overlooked, since the Pirates won their first series in 2 weeks, but playing time decisions are a major head-scratcher.  Hurdle, who at times looks like he throws a dart blind-folded at a roster to decide who leads off, takes his outfield shuffling to a new level. [...]