Remember when they were a .500 team in early August? Remember when they had closed to just 2 games out of first place? They are 15 games UNDER 500 now and 17 games out of first place. And herein lies the problem. Those 17 games that they have backed off in the division have now put the Pirates just 3 games out of last place! Rodriguez and Benoit didn’t save us after all. What a shocker.
Here are some statistics courtesy of StatBrat for you:
- The Pirates are 28th out of 30 major league teams in runs scored
- The Pirates are 27th out of 30 major league teams in number of hits.
- The Pirates have the 28th best batting average of all MLB teams.
- The Pirates are 29th of 30 teams in hitting home runs.
- The Pirates have NO OFFENSE…(especially when you bench starters for “regular days off so the Jasos, Rodriguezes, Moroffs, and Stewarts can play.
And here are two I will add:
- The Pirates have the worst owner in MLB
- The Pirates have the worst manager in MLB (you ever hear that money follows money? Well losing follows losers)
So here is our LAST poll of the season. Will the Pirates A) Lose 90 games (that would be 3-6 from this point on) and B) Will the Pirates end up in last place? Vote Now!
OOoops: Almost Forgot that I just heard from Gumby. He has two suggestions/comments.
- Be FLEXIBLE with our expectations of the Pirates
- It’s ALL about the money…the green….as I demonstrate