5.5 Games Out…But CAN we get rid of Two Clint Hurdle Quotes/Lines/Answers Spoken WAY too many times this season??
- #1) “We need to get (fill in the name) some at bats.”
- #2) “Today was his regular day off.”
I have to fess up that I bolded some of his words above because I would like to take EACH of those words and string it into a sentence that all of us would really like. (And I am going to ADD one key word)
Here it is: “We need to get some regular wins (the new word)
Why is the word “wins” missing from the edict, purpose, objectives day to day? Why is it subservient to individuals needs and wants? Why is it not the main goal every day?? Too many times this year the individual goal has been subservient to the main goal. Examples:
- Watson needs some work. (When Rivero should have been Closing since May)
- WAY overuse of Moroff when Frazier plays the infield and outfield and is a legitimate future star.
- The rotation of Osuna, Jaso, and Frazier in the missing spot when it was obvious who should have started each game.
- Regular days off for guys that are hot in the past week. (Rest from October to February, you are 25 years old. Do YOU REALLY want time off?)
What could have really happened had we played the best players every day from April until now? What could have really happened if we really went for it?
I’m tired of Moroff needs some at bats, Watson needs some innings, Bastardo needs some work, Benoit needs to get acclimated, this is Cervelli’s normal day off, Stewart needs some work behind the plate, etc., etc.
STOP! PLAY TO WIN EVERY GAME